Registering a NEW Student at Aspen High School for 2019-2020 school year
Outlined below is a step by step process for Enrolling a New Student at Aspen High School
- Register online via our registration portal, Registration Gateway. http://registration.aspenk12.net/ Click on the RED start button to begin. As part of your online registration, you will be prompted to schedule an appointment to meet with our High School Counselors. There are 2 counselors that serve the High School student body. Students are assigned a counselor according to the first letter of their last name (A-K and L-Z). Students with the last names beginning with the letters A-K will be guided by Mr. Josh Berro. Students with last names beginning with letters L-Z will work with Ms. Lauren Reiss.
If you are not prompted to make an appointment at the end of the online registration process, please contact Jolaine Pfeifer, AHS Registrar. New students entering grades 10-12 are REQUIRED to meet with an Aspen High School Counselor. Students that completed the school year at Aspen Community School, Aspen Country Day school and Aspen Middle School should not schedule a 10-12 grade counseling appointment.
- Attend your appointment. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. Before you meet with your assigned Counselor you will need to meet with Jolaine Pfeifer, Aspen High School Registrar, to hand in your REQUIRED registration documents. Please bring COPIES of the following documents to your registration appointment. These documents will be collected from you at your registration meeting.
Required Registration Documents
- Birth certificate or passport
- Parental proof of identity (passport or photo ID)
- Custody agreement/court order (if parents are separated or divorced)
- Court-ordered guardianship papers (if the student resides with someone other than a natural parent)
- Immunization record
- Transcript (grades 9-12)
- (2) Two acceptable documents as Proof of Residency. See the Proof of Residency requirements below.
- After you complete your visit to the counseling office you will be directed to pay for school/class fees with Aspen High School Secretary Danielle Pratt.
Proof of Residency includes the following items: 1 document from Category A AND 1 document from category B
1 document from Category A:
- Mortgage statement OR
- Deed indicating ownership OR
- Notarized lease Along with Lease Form Letter, if necessary
*Lease agreements must be through the entire school year
1 document from Category B:
- Recent Utility Bill – ex: Electric, Gas, Cable, Water
*The above proof must be current and contain the physical address in the name of the parent(s) or legal guardian(s). Both pieces of documentation can be requested by ASD at any time to verify residency.
To view the District’s Student Admission Policy JF, please click on the link Student Admission PolicyIf you have questions about our registration process or require assistance please contact Registrar, Jolaine Pfeifer. firstname.lastname@example.org, 970-925-3760 ext. 1177.