Class of 2025 - Welcome Sophomores!
Post-Secondary Counseling at Aspen High School is here to help students and families connect what students do in the classroom to their life goals, including finding colleges and careers based on their personal skills and areas of interest.
SOPHOMORE YEAR is a time to acclimatize to High School:
- Engage in your classes/Turn in your homework!
- Establish good study habits
- Find extracurriculars that interest you -- clubs, volunteering, sports, work
- Take challenging courses
- Get to know your teachers and guidance counselors
- Do some self-reflection. What are you good at? What do you like to do?
- Take a personality test. www.16personalities.com
- Drive through some local college campuses at home or while traveling to get a feel for large v small; urban v rural
- Plan your summer: paid work, volunteer/service, academic or other programs
- If you have a tough start academically, don’t worry; You have time to show improvement!
Sophomores who are eager to jumpstart the Post-Secondary Planning process may schedule an Individual Meeting in the spring. Click here to schedule, scroll to the bottom and select Underclassmen Optional Meeting.
Students with last names beginning A-K will work with Karen Hawkes, L-Z with Charlie Laube.