Kindergarten Activities for Home
- Play the license plate game with numbers as you walk through your neighborhood. Have then look for a 1 on a license plate. Then find a 2, then a 3, and so on.
- Write your name and a family member's name. How many letters are in your name? How many are in your family member's name? Which name has more?
- Look through a store ad. Cut out numbers 0-20. Put the numbers in order from least to greatest.
- Grab a handful of an item, cereal, beans, etc. Estimate how many pieces you grabbed. Now count them. Was your estimate close?
- Show the number 5 in as many ways as you can. Use pictures and numbers.
- Trace your foot with chalk outside. Trace a friend's or family member's foot too. Which foot is longer?
- Sort a bag of skittles or other candy by color. Count each color. What color hast the most? What color has the least?
- Look around your home for solid shapes. Name at least 3 solid shapes.
- Use bendy straw, toothpicks, or pipe cleaners to many shapes as you can. Record the names of your shapes.
- Make a picture using 2 circles, 3 triangles, & 1 rectangle. Describe to a friend how you made it.
- Use a popsicle stick to represent a ten and beans to represent ones. Using a deck of cards, give your child a 10 card, and draw another number card, then add the numbers together and show the number with sticks and beans.
- Walk from one end of the room to the other and count how many steps, then show how many steps were taken with sticks and beans.
Summer Math Packet