Welcome AHS Seniors Class of 2018!
Most of you have received Naviance training in Discovery Class and our College Boot Camp in June and August. By the start of school, you should have a list of potential colleges, be registered with the Common Application (link on left), and decided if you will take the ACT or SAT this fall.Remember the following:
Have fun with Naviance - it is designed to help you make the best decisions for your future based on your personal information. If you need help with your account or tasks, please swing by the office, we are here to help you at every step along your Senior year journey.Quick linksApplication Components
- Make an appointment for you and your parent(s) with College Counseling. Plan on scheduling two meetings in the fall with a college counselor. Students are responsible for scheduling their meetings by seeing Susanne in the Mezzanine. Please do not email meeting requests.
- Senior Roundtables are every Wednesday evening from 5-7 pm in the Seminar Room through December 13. Staff, professional tutors and trained volunteers are available to assist Seniors with all things related to the college application process. Take advantage. No Roundtable November 22.
- Regarding application deadlines, please remember that when school is closed, the College Counseling office is closed and staff is not available or working. Please plan accordingly with your application deadlines. Thank you for understanding!
Instructions for the business card:
1. Download business card template below (small icon) in WORD only
2. Business cards cannot be done in Google, Pages or Libre Office. If you do not have Word, download on a computer that does. Formatting is affected when you print if you do not update the cards in Word.
3. Once student finalizes their cards, save it as a pdf. Pdf is necessary because the formatting is affected if you upload a Word doc to Google Drive
4. Student can upload cards to their Google Drive as a pdf or save it on their computer and then email to themselvesCollege Counseling is no longer responsible for printing business cards. Avery 8876 paper, which the template is formatted to, is available for purchase at Sandy's Office Supply.