WELCOME SENIORS - CLASS of 2019
Senior Bootcamp Part I handouts
Bootcamp Homework1. Give the Parent Response Form to your parents2. Do two things in Naviance:
3. Do two things in Common App.:
- Clean up your "Colleges I'm Thinking About" list
- Enter your test scores (Susanne will update your GPA) so that you can continue to play around with Supermatch.
4. Do three things to start your Essays:
- Complete the Profile, Families, Education, and Testing section in Common App. (There's a sheet in yesterday's handout that will help you)
- Enter 10 activities in Common App - including power statements
Bring all of this completed work to Bootcamp Part II August 16 9am-1pm
- Brainstorm and then decide your topic: (use the handouts "Questions for Generating College Essay Ideas", review "Common App. essay prompts")
- Create an outline of what you want to say, starting point, end point, hooks, even first paragraph
- For schools where you know you will apply, find their supplemental essay prompts and copy paste into one document - so you get a sense of how many separate essays you will need to write.
Mark your Calendar:August 22 - First Senior and Parent Meeting5:45-7:15 pm in the Seminar RoomSeptember 5 - First Senior Roundtable5-7pm in the Seminar Room (continuing every Wednesday until Dec. 19th (except the 11/21)
Sunday, October 7 - Colorado Western Slope College Fair 10 am-2 pm at the Aspen School District CampusQuick linksApplication Components
Instructions for the business card:
1. Download business card template below (small icon) in WORD only
2. Business cards cannot be done in Google, Pages or Libre Office. If you do not have Word, download on a computer that does. Formatting is affected when you print if you do not update the cards in Word.
3. Once student finalizes their cards, save it as a pdf. Pdf is necessary because the formatting is affected if you upload a Word doc to Google Drive
4. Student can upload cards to their Google Drive as a pdf or save it on their computer and then email to themselvesCollege Counseling is no longer responsible for printing business cards. Avery 8876 paper, which the template is formatted to, is available for purchase at Sandy's Office Supply.